Newer Smart Jobs and Challenge of the Future
- Careers today are complex, ever-evolving, fragmented, and collaborative. In the future, our work-life will be made up of a portfolio of micro-careers. It’s wise for IT professionals to cultivate skills that are in high demand and those that will stay in demand. There are corporate roadmaps that spell out the future plans for years, and how they're going to get there, based on technology fits. As a smart IT professional, match your skills, passion, and position, to figure into the company's plans and strategize. The key technology areas in favor today are:
- Learn to work with robots and know how to apply their craft to wearable devices.
WIDENED IT SCOPE
- Look for being Programmers, Security Experts, and Cloud Capacity Managers. Reports have found that companies are moving infrastructure or applications between private and public clouds. This movement will accelerate in the future, and generate several cloud-centric jobs, including Cloud Security and Cloud Capacity Management. That will require new techniques and disciplines that many IT organizations do not have in place today.
FIELD OF DATA
- There will be tremendous scope for Data Architects, Integration Experts, and Hadoop professionals. Organizational needs around analytics will be huge, based on the heavy volume of data collected and also by the increasing number of applications, robotics and the like fuelled by analytical output.
- There will be heavy demand for Big Data Architects, who design the structure to meet emerging needs; Data Integration Engineers, who ensure data integration; and IT Planning Analysts, who analyze data from sources to help IT know the business partners future needs.
- Analytics will not mean merely working with tools. Companies will need a leader who can get at how analytics will transform the company. The posts here are Chief Analytics Officer, Chief Data Officer, Chief Digital Officer, Head of Business Analytics, and VP Enterprise Data. They will be assigned the task of analyzing data processing problems to develop and improve computer systems.
- Another significant area is Enterprise Data Architect, Hardware, Software, and Analytics Experts.
FIELD OF HARDWARE
- IT departments will seek technologists with the ability to deploy, manage and maintain hardware and experts, who can develop, customize and support the applications and analytics programs, which will make wearable devices useful.
A NEW SPHERE
- Application Program Interfaces –APIs, and the importance of APIs is here to stay. Companies will require more of them to tap the power of emerging technologies, like the Internet of Things, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence. They need to have strong development skills, an understanding of Data Sources, Data Structures and Applications Portfolios.
- There will be a need for Experts who have the ability to perform the groundwork for AI/Robotics. IT professionals will have roles to play in programming, integrating and building out the infrastructure for organizational applications of AI and Robotics.
- Personal Digital Curators to maintain a unique set of apps and hardware required by the company.
- Software Systems Developers who develop operating systems, compilers, and network software.
- Computer and Information Systems Managers, who have the ability to do Plan, direct, and also coordinate the computer systems.
- These fields and Ares hold the challenge and appear to be different, but are intertwined to be of great relevance, to the future. They require mastering of something new and unique and will go a long way in delivering stunning results, which were never heard or seen before.